#Safetysharable - Tips for October's Fire Safety Month
1) Change the batteries in all smoke alarms. You'll thank me when you don't have that 3am low battery alert.
2) Make sure you have at least 1 smoke alarm on every floor in you home.
3) Talk with your family about your fire evacuation plan. Make sure everyone knows multiple ways to evacuate and where to meet up once outside the home.
4) Do a home evacuation drill. Practice staying low to the floor and testing door knobs for heat by using the back of your hand.
5) Clean your dyer vent. Many residential home fires start from easily flammable dryer lint. Clean your dryer lint tray with every drying cycle and periodically clean your dryer lint ductwork.
These simple tips can save lives. Take advantage of Fire Safety Month to improve your family's preparedness. Check out Verywell for fun ideas teaching children fire safety: https://www.verywellfamily.com/fun-activity-ideas-for-teaching-fire-safety-616821